Notice of Beijing Municipal Commission of Planning and Natural Resources on Re-examining and Renewing the Surveying and Mapping Certifications in Beijing
JGZF No. 217
Surveying and mapping organizations in Beijing:
According to the Notice on Re-examining and Renewing the Surveying and Mapping Certifications (ZRZBF  No. 46, see Annex 1) issued by the Ministry of Natural Resources and following the principles of “smooth transition and pragmatic result”, Beijing Municipal Commission of Planning and Natural Resources (referred to as “the Commission” hereinafter) has decided to re-examine and renew the surveying and mapping certificates held by relevant organizations in Beijing between July 1 and December 31, 2021. Please refer to the following information for specifics:
Scope: Apart from navigation and electronic map producers in Beijing which hold Level-1 surveying and mapping certificates, all surveying and mapping certifications are subject to the re-examination and renewal. During the re-examination and renewal period, the original certificates shall remain valid.
Method: The submission of application, its acceptance and approval processes will all take place online. Please log onto the National Surveying and Mapping Qualification Management System (http://zz.ch.mnr.gov.cn) and apply with your existing account.
II. Legal basis
1. Notice on Printing and Circulating the Management Methods and Classification Standards on Surveying and Mapping Certifications (ZRZBF  No. 43, Annex 2)
2. Notice on Re-examining and Renewing the Surveying and Mapping Certifications (ZRZBF  No. 46, Annex 1)
The re-examination applications will be accepted in batches but the renewal of certificates will be done collectively.
1. Acceptance: As per the approval time and grade of the existing certificate, applicant organizations will be divided into 4 groups. They shall submit the application according to the batch timetable indicated in Annex 3. The deadline of the application is November 30, 2021. Applications submitted later than the aforementioned date and (or) applicants not completing the re-examination and renewal on time shall be deemed as a waiver of such right, but the original surveying and mapping certificate shall become invalid when it expires.
2. Collective re-exanimation: The re-examination will be conducted in batches but the overall effort will be organized collectively.
3. Announcement and certificate issuance: The result of the examination will be announced in batches. Applicants passing the examination will be granted with a new surveying and mapping certificate. Applicants partially passing or failing to pass the examination will be notified of the result, and they may choose to re-apply for the examination with the next batch of applicants. If the applicant passes the examination, it has to claim the result physically from the municipal administrative service window, upon which time it shall also have its original certificate revoked.
IV. Other requirements
1. Applicants are required to first submit the certificate re-examination and renewal application or a certificate application; Applicants cannot apply for handling other issues until the aforementioned application is approved. Please see below the specific requirements:
(1) Organizations previously holding a Level-1 certificate can apply for the re-examination and renewal of a Level-1 or Level-2 certificate;
(2) Organizations previously holding a Level-2, Level-3 and (or) Level-4 certificate can apply for a Level-2 certificate. Applicants meeting the criteria of Level-1 certificate as per the new policy can apply directly for a Level-1 surveying and mapping certificate;
(3) Applicants can choose a specific field when submitting the application;
(4) Applicants applying for multiple certificates shall first apply for the re-examination and renewal of the Level-1 certificate; After approved, they can further apply for the re-examination and renewal of the Level-2 certificate;
2. Applicants are requested to submit the colored scanned copies of the original documents listed below. Materials submitted must be up to the standard, clearly legible and complete.
(1) Application Form of Surveying and Mapping Certificate;
(2) Certificate of Legal Representative;
(3) Social insurance payment records of the last three months for technicians listed on the Application Form (applicants can print them out from the online service platform of Beijing Social Insurance Website, applicants from branch offices located outside Beijing shall also provide the local records for payment of social insurances). For retired technicians, applicants shall provide their retirement document and employment contract; For personnel subject to special policy arrangements, applicants shall provide their yearly payment records of social insurances in a consecutive manner;
(4) The ID Card, diploma, and the professional certificate of surveying and mapping technicians; the ID Card and diploma, or the professional certificate of personnel working on other positions related to surveying and mapping;
(5) Ownership material and physical photos of technical equipment (carrying key information such as the model and serial number of the equipment);
(6) Safety measures and management systems for geographical surveying and mapping information;
(7) Quality assurance system/document for the surveying and mapping technology of the applicant;
(8) Archive management system for surveying and mapping result and materials;
(9) Applicants holding Level-1 certificate shall provide business records matching the due surveying and mapping categories (such as the main pages of mapping contracts and acceptance materials, etc.).
3. Each applicant shall be responsible for the authenticity of the application materials. Where necessary, the Commission will conduct on-site inspections over applicant organizations to verify the application materials they submit. Concealing or providing false materials will be punished in accordance with relevant laws and regulations, the punishment will be publicly announced and reflected on the credit record of the applicant organization.
4. The Commission will strictly implement the new policy, increase the transparency of the approval process, ensure the authenticity of the approval materials and the fairness of the approval results, and transition to the new policy scheme in an orderly fashion. The Commission will also maintain close communication with the Ministry of Natural Resources, thoroughly understand various policy documents, provide guidance and assistance to all applicants and earnestly carry out its service responsibilities.
The above matters are hereby notified.
Beijing Municipal Commission of Planning and Natural Resources
June 30, 2021
Land Surveying and Mapping Division: Li Xuan 55595410; Gai Le: 55595409
Annex 1: ZRZBF  No. 46
Annex 2: ZRZBF  No. 43